Be Prepared As you visit, do your part to keep Utah Forever Mighty. Learn more
Main Street in Park City | Marc Piscotty
- Places To Go
- Park City
- Historic Main Street in Park City
Once the basecamp of a silver mining town, Park City's Main Street has come to represent the heart and soul of one of the most popular mountain towns in the west. For skiers and snowboarders, it boasts the most immediately accessible terrain anywhere in the United States with Deer Valley Resort and Park City Mountain each less than 10 minutes away. It’s also packed tight with luxury shops, art galleries and boutique restaurants to satisfy every craving.
Maybe it’s this easy access to recreation or the town’s well-preserved history, or maybe it’s the unique blend of shops and restaurants. Probably it’s a combination of all these things. Whatever it is about Main Street, prepare to be charmed.
Park City Explore Main Street by Map
Restaurants on Main Street
Recommending the perfect place to eat on Main Street is kind of like trying to recommend the perfect ski run. Sure, your perfect fit is out there, but you’ve got quite a few choices to consider.
While restaurants like Riverhorse on Main, Yuki Yama Sushi, and Grappa Italian Café are plating up dishes that are just as beautiful as they are decadent, kick-back eateries like Wasatch Brewery and No Name Saloon are busiest once the slopes and the trails start to empty. It’s hard to find a bad meal on Main Street, but it may be just as difficult to declare any single dish as your favorite.
Discover Restaurants in Park City
Bars, Breweries & Distilleries
Did you know that Utah’s first brewery and first (legal) distillery are both locals to Park City? It’s true. Wasatch Brewery and High West Distillery were founded not in the state’s capital city or in its earliest settlements, but in a neighboring mountain town. Consider Park City’s mining history, adrenaline-pumping attitude and refined sense of culture though, and it all may start to seem less surprising.
Explore High West Distillery
Hotels & Lodging
Six minutes to Park City Mountain and Deer Valley Resort, 15 minutes to Jordanelle State Park and 20 minutes to shopping, dining and recreation at Kimball Junction — Main Street is the ideal homebase for the Park City experience. Sure, there are more affordable rooms just outside of town, but if it’s an urban experience you’re looking for then there is no better place to stay than on Main Street.
Find Places to Stay
Shops & Stores
Wherever your travels take you, chances are you find yourself rambling through the nearest shops. Some do it for the thrill of shopping, others because they left something unpacked at home or have a few hours to spend. Whichever way, one thing holds true – local stores are some of the best places to gain a sense of community in unfamiliar territory.
Ask anyone who has visited Park City and they will tell you that they spent at least one night shopping on Main Street. There are so many shops, restaurants, music venues and art galleries to see it simply can’t be missed. Plus, if you’re visiting during the summer months you may encounter Park Silly, a farmers market that is hosted every Sunday from June to September.
Supporting local communities during your travels can have a profound impact. Stock up with groceries locally, stop in an artisan shop or eat at a restaurant in addition to campfire meals. Now more than ever, these small businesses need support from travelers near and far.
Discover more ways to support local
Read the Stories
- 10 Routes Chosen by Utah Cyclists We reached out to cycling experts and enthusiasts — in some cases to people who literally wrote the book on cycling in Utah — to get a feel for some of Utah's best road cycling routes.
- 11 Classy Ski Experiences That are Uniquely Utah Written By Visit Utah From sheer proximity and the biggest mountains to a ski-in distillery and a celebrity-owned resort, these are the reasons to ski Utah now.
- 11 More Utah Winter Experiences Outside the Ski Resorts Written By Matador 8 minute read No matter your level of adventure, you will find good reason to save some time for a day away from the resort.
- 3 Hikes That Showcase the Raw, Dramatic Beauty of the High Uintas Wilderness Written By Matcha Utah’s High Uinta Wilderness displays some of the most impressive and classic Rocky Mountain beauty that Utah has to offer. Here are three of the best trails to experience this rugged part of Utah for yourself.
- 8 Elevated Ski Experiences That are Uniquely Utah Written By Matador 3 minute read The best ski resorts in Utah provide access to the best ski experiences. Make one of these top ski resorts in Utah your base for a unique Utah skiing adventure!
- A Biking Guide to the Historic Union Pacific Rail Trail Written By Matcha 4 minute read Winding 28 miles through Northern Utah’s Summit County, the Historic Union Pacific Rail Trail travels through some of the state’s most scenic terrain, from the storybook streets of Park City to rolling farmland and wildlife-rich wetlands near Silver Creek Canyon.
- A Utah Ski Vacation (or Two) for Less Written By Paula Colman 6 minute read Shop for ski gear like a local. Get discounts on lift tickets. Learn everything you need to know for a cheap luxury ski trip.
- Best Spots to Get Olympic Spirit Written By Visit Utah Just because the Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Winter Games are in the past doesn’t mean that the Utah Olympic spirit is has been snuffed out. Athletes still train here, and ski schools in Utah resorts might be the start of a future Olympian’s career.
- Discover the Breweries of the Wasatch Front Written By Matcha 5 minute read Over the past two decades, Salt Lake’s breweries have grown into a culture all their own. Here’s what you need to start planning a pub crawl with this collection of Salt Lake’s most popular breweries.
- Get to Know Echo State Park Written By Matcha 4 minute read Situated at 5,560 feet above sea level, just north of Park City, lies Echo State Park. Watersports are king here, and whether you kayak, paddleboard, or boat, it’s a perfect place to get out on the water.
- Harnessing Passion: The Arctic Rescue Sled Dog Team Written By Sara Hobbs Maren and Racer Gibson of All Seasons Adventures in Park City, Utah rescue "unadoptable" Huskies and Malamutes. The dogs participate in a dog sledding operation to help find their purpose. Book a dog sled tour with the pups and witness their story as they pull your sled through the area's snow blanketed open spaces.
- How To Get the Most Out of the Park City Annual Gay Ski Week Written By Matcha 3 minute read At Park City, Utah's annual Gay Ski Week, officially known as Elevation Utah, visitors will be surrounded by like-minded athletes and folks who want to crush it out on the slopes and have fun dancing the night away.
- How to Support Local On Your Utah Road Trip Written By ElainnaCiaramella 5 minute read Many small businesses in Utah rely on tourism for survival. These expert tips help road trippers make a real difference in communities by supporting local.
- Insider's Guide to Park City Written By Sara Hobbs 3 minute read Kaylin Richardson, Olympic athlete, and a friend share their favorite Park City experiences to encourage you to add the city's culture-enriched valley, scenery, food, art and access to all-season adventure to your bucket list.
- Locals Know Why Ski School is Cool Written By Paula Colman 4 minute read Ski school is cool, and it’s where beginners to experts find the secrets to skiing (and Utah’s secret powder stashes). Learn to ski the entire resort.
- Mountain Lifestyle Calling Written By Austen Diamond 5 minute read Make your chocolate fantasy into reality by including on your itinerary a visit to the Ritual Chocolate Factory, one of Utah’s premier chocolate makers.
- Movies Filmed in Utah: Plotting a Cinematic Drive-Through Written By Andrea David Follow a Germany-based film enthusiast on an extended road trip to discover the rich history of Utah cinematography.
- Must-Ski Runs at Utah Ski Resorts Written By Matador Looking for deep powder, Olympic downhill and halfpipes or precision-engineered terrain parks? There's a Utah ski resort for that.
- Park City Area: 1 Destination, 3 Resorts Written By Kristen Pope From Olympic fame and luxury to innovation and extreme adventure, discover a vast winter playground on three resorts.
- Planning Your Big Snow Trip Written By Paula Colman Let’s plan a powder ski trip to Utah and even help you save some time and money while you’re there. Just answer these three questions: Who? When? How much?
- Seven Must-Ride Mountain Biking Trails in Utah Written By Visit Utah 5 minute read To help you plan a Utah mountain biking trip, we've assembled a list of seven of Utah’s best mountain biking trails followed by a roundup of Utah’s best fat-tire destinations.
- Sundance, Full Circle Written By Cody Kirkland 8 minute read Come for the films but stay for ... everything else. Whether you’re an out-of-state visitor or a local looking for celebrity sightings; staying at the Waldorf Astoria or driving up from your apartment set-up in your mother’s basement; on a marathon screening schedule or mixing in fine dining and the area's wintry recreation, Sundance Film Festival boasts films and experiences for everyone.
- Sundance: The Story is Utah Written By Paula Colman For Sundance audiences and filmmakers, the Story is Utah, one with many visions and interpretations and where revolutions are encouraged.
- Utah’s Factory-to-Slope Culture Utah’s gear scene benefits from being able to use its backyard as a testing ground, making the complete ski and snowboard cycle uniquely Utah
- Where to See Women's Art in Utah Written By Ashley Mae Hoiland 4 minute read There’s no shortage of art galleries in Salt Lake City and across Utah's Wasatch Front. Beyond the major metropolitan areas, there are also small artist communities across the state where artists seeking a slower pace have flocked for decades. Here are a few recommendations for where you can experience art in Utah.
Park City Classy Warm-Weather Weekend
There are many ways to build a magical weekend in Park City. Three days can easily include art galleries, spa time, boutique browsing, food, and live entertainment. And, of course, the mountains make the place, so hiking boots are recommended for your pack list, but you don’t have to spend the entire time — or any time — in outdoor-gear mode. There’s plenty to do, and the itinerary can be as laid-back or active as you like.
Arts, Events, Support local, Urban Experiences, Wellness
- Kimball Art Center
- High West Saloon
- Spa Treatments
- Park City Nighlife
Weekender Ski Park City
So you've made the decision to ski Park City for a weekend. That decision alone will be rewarded with three resorts that eclipse over 9,000 acres of Utah's renowned skiing and riding.
Non-ski Winter Activities, Olympics, Ski and Snowboard, Solitude, Urban Experiences
- Ski City Urban Lifestyle
- Park City Mountain
- Deer Valley Resort
- Park City Experiences
A Northern Utah wellness guide from Salt Lake City to Ogden, Park City to Provo, that will have you boosting your physical and mental health with wilderness hikes, canyon drives, wellness therapies and farm-to-table dining.
Adventure, Hiking, Stargazing, Urban Experiences, Wellness
- Scenic hikes in the Cottonwoods
- Stargazing at North Fork
- Yoga & meditation in Park City
- Farm-to-table dining in Provo